Training courses will cover the following topics as they pertain to shipping/handling dangerous goods by Air (IATA/ICAO), Ground (49 CFR/DOT), and Ocean (IMDG/IMO):
• Security Awareness, General Awareness, Function-Specific, and Safety Training.
• Properly classify substances and articles to their proper hazard class.
• Assign substances and articles to an appropriate proper shipping name.
• Select the correct packaging for the dangerous goods being shipped.
• Select and apply the correct marks and labels for the material being shipped.
• Accurately complete the shipping paper required for the transport of dangerous goods by each applicable mode of transport.
• Understand the requirements for security and emergency response as they relate to shipments of dangerous goods.
• Understand the requirements for training as required by the appropriate national and/or international authorities.