THE SEMINAR WILL COVER
• CBP seizures of merchandise for trademark violations, including gray market articles
• Understanding the administrative CBP detention and seizure process
• Filing a claim with CBP's Fines, Penalties & Forfeitures and the petition process
• Understanding the difference between administrative and judicial forfeiture proceedings
• Successful prior disclosures, responding to CBP Form 28 requests for information, and administrative subpoenas
• Anti-Dumping and Countervailing duties enforcement
• Filing protests with CBP; when and why
• Criminal enforcement of the customs and trade laws, including duty evasion, export enforcement, Lacey Act and trade-based money laundering.
CBP Fines, Penalties and Forfeitures Officer
Robert J. Becerra, B.C.S., Florida Bar Board Certified Expert in International Law, Becerra Law P.A.
Peter Quinter, Esq. Chair, Customs and International Trade Law Group, GrayRobinson, P.A.